- American Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
General Legal Research
New York Legal Research
The Counterfeit Drug Crisis
- FDA’s Initiative Against Counterfeit Drugs
- Grand Jury Report from the State of Florida (Feb. 2003): Discussing how some in the pharmaceutical industry turn a “blind eye” to the counterfeiting problem
- Congressional Testimony: A System Overwhelmed: The Avalanche of Imported, Counterfeit, and Unapproved Drugs into the U.S. Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- Rep. Steve Israel — The dangers of counterfeit drugs
- Dangerous Doses: Katherine Eban’s investigative look into the world of counterfeit prescription drugs, released May 9, 2005
- Tim Fagan’s Law: The Counterfeit Drug Enforcement Act of 2005 sponsored by Congressman Steve Israel (D – NY)
- The Turkewitz Law Firm’s Counterfeit Drug Resource Page
- Public Citizen: A national nonprofit consumer advocacy organization with more than 11,000 members in New York.
- Center for Justice and Democracy: A tax-exempt non-profit, non-partisan public interest organization that works to educate the public about the importance of the civil justice system and the dangers of so-called “tort reforms.” They fight to protect the right to trial by jury and an independent judiciary for all Americans. Their web site is filled with quotes from the insurance industry itself stating that placing limits on the right to a jury trial will not [add underline, bold and italics] result in lower insurance premiums.
- Americans for Insurance Reform
- TomPaine.com: A non-profit, nonpartisan, public interest journal inspired by the great patriot Thomas Paine, author of Common Sense and The Rights of Man.
- Consumer Watchdog
- Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Science To Error is Human: Building a Safer Health System (National Academy Press, 1999). Buy the Book