The Turkewitz Law Firm
New York Personal Injury Attorney ♦ Medical Malpractice ♦ Trial Lawyer
Serving Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Rockland, Dutchess, Westchester, Nassau & Suffolk Counties
228 E. 45 St., 17th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Phone: (212) 983-5900
Overview, Eric Turkewitz, 1985-Present
Eric Turkewitz has tried personal injury cases to verdict in New York, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Dutchess and Albany counties. He has argued appeals in the the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, Appellate Division First Department and Appellate Division Second Department.
Education and Credentials
- 1982 State University of New York at Albany
(B.A., cum laude)
- 1985 State University of New York at Buffalo,
Faculty of Law and Jurisprudence (J.D.)
- Admissions to practice:
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals: Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit
- Professional memberships:
- American Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly, Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- New York SuperLawyers 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- ABA Journal, Blawg 100 (Top law blogs in the country): 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. Admitted to Law Blog Hall of Fame, 2012
Presentations, Publications, and Misc.
- Invited speaker/panelist for continuing legal education seminar: PR for the Personal Injury Attorney (And New York's Anti-Solicitation Rule), New York State Trial Lawyers Institute, December 2013
- Speaking Engagement: The Use (and Misuse) of Social Media by Attorneys (March 2012)
- Cuomo's medical malpractice 'reform' will hurt victims and taxpayers (The Journal News, March 20, 2011)
- Better Blogging Practices (June 2010, Tampa, FL)
- Faculty for Continuing Legal Education Seminar — Blogs: What You Must Know About Creation, Effective Use Ethical Considerations (October 2008, New York, NY)
- Opinion: Want to cure high malpractice rates? Target bad doctors, The Journal News, July 29, 2008
- Invited speaker: Pharma Secure Chain, Strengthening the End-to-End Integrity of Your Supply Chain against Counterfeiting, Diversion and Product Loss, July 2005
- Article Reviewer: American Association for Justice / Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Invited speaker/panelist: TRAX, Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Summit, July 2004
- Opinion: Counterfeit Drugs and the Danger to Westchester (Municipal Liability for Counterfeit Drugs), Eric Turkewitz, The Journal News, February 16, 2004
- Scoring Judge: Student Trial Advocacy Competition, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, February, 2003
- Panel speaker: Food and Drug Administration — Counterfeit Drug Task Force, October 2003
- Member: Trial Lawyers Care, providing pro bono legal services to September 11 families in front of the Victim Compensation Fund
- Creator and author of the New York Personal Injury Law Blog
- 1989 – Present: The Turkewitz Law Firm
- 1988-1989: Travel, ten months through parts of Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
- 1985-1988: Fuchsberg & Fuchsberg, associate attorney concentrating in medical malpractice
- Mr. Turkewitz is married, has two children, and lives in the New York metropolitan area.
- He is also an avid runner who has run the New York City Marathon on numerous occasions, and is the founder and Race Director for the Paine to Pain Trail Half Marathon in Westchester County.